Fall Background

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lord, help this food be delicious!

My husband had a hankering for stuffed bell peppers. For the last two years, I have been graduating to more whole foods and rich add-ins such as milled flax seed to give my family more nutrition and variety. Stuffed bell peppers are no exception! Hamburger, onion, brown rice, a few spices and marinara sauce. Simple and delicious. What could go wrong with this basic combination? I consider myself to be an average yet adventurous cook with a slight ambition to do things on my own. I love to explore and create! (Maybe that's why I have never been successful in baking bread~yeast only grows at a certain water temperature, eh?) I admit, that viewpoint has spoiled its share of nights around the table leaving our family hungry for dessert. Evidently, whole grains such brown rice are vastly different to traditional 5-minute instant white rice...two hours covered in tin-foil could not conquer the tough exterior of that nutrient-rich and fiber-filled grain. Sheepishly, I ate every crunchy bite. Dessert, anyone?

PS: Blog Title is a direct quote from our youngest child whose turn it was to bless the meal before him. Cute and honest. Just love that boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sitting a spell! Hope you enjoyed my quirkie yet sometimes serious posts!