Fall Background

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

With a friend...

This August, my husband and I will have been married 14 years. He is approaching his 20th year as career Air Force officer. I am very proud of him and have enjoyed being a military wife!  He really is my best friend and we love being together!

One of our dreams was to have second honeymoon visiting Germany on our 15th anniversary.  Well, here we are and our children can share in on the experience.  We are very grateful for all that God has given us!  This scripture passage was a part of our wedding ceremony.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 MSG
9-10 It's better to have a partner than go it alone.
    Share the work, share the wealth.


   And if one falls down, the other helps,
   But if there's no one to help, tough!

11 Two in a bed warm each other.
   Alone, you shiver all night.

12 By yourself you're unprotected.
   With a friend you can face the worst.
   Can you round up a third?
   A three-stranded rope isn't easily snapped.

Trusting in God with our marriage and as parents, He has made the difference!  He's our Third-Strand!  Thank you, Lord, for your everlasting love and faithfulness!  You exceed all that we long for with Your marvelous ways!

2 comments:

  1. Kim, you write so well!!!! You are a very talented young women and exhibit God's glory and I need some of your joy. Love you and I am so glad our paths crossed! Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Patsy! You are a constant inspiration! "Return to me the joy of my salvation," Oh, Lord, we cry out! You are our Joy-Giver! You give all things good! Bless Patsy and renew her spirit! She is Yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sitting a spell! Hope you enjoyed my quirkie yet sometimes serious posts!