Fall Background

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Extra Goodness Counts!

This morning, I made a boxed-mix of streusel blueberry muffins in a casserole dish and called it "blueberry coffee cake." Government-issued dish packs have a limited selection of bakeware but that didn't stop me from serving up something my peeps would love. I added a scant 1/4 cup of milled flax seed (also an oil substitute~read the back of the box) and whopping tablespoon of wheat germ to the batter. I am not much of a health nut yet I feel better knowing they were getting some extra goodies, too. Okay, minus the large pat of butter per serving. Everything tastes better with butter or bacon. I am a follower of that Southern-fried opinion. There's a faint amount of calcium in butter, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sitting a spell! Hope you enjoyed my quirkie yet sometimes serious posts!