Fall Background

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Big Hair is Stylish, Right?

I am slow to catch on to fads overall especially in clothing/fashion. I feel most comfortable in my favorite jeans and soft cotton t-shirt which is quite boring for some...not very stylish either but that's what big hair is for, right? I graduated from a small private university in Central Texas but could be confused for a Baylor Bowhead. I am a native North Dakotan but living life as a legal Texas resident and somewhat proud of the South. Being Southern-fried for 10 years may have something to do with it! I love the big hair from the 1960s caught somewhere between 007 and classic Jackie O. Shockingly, I do however, enjoy dressing-up and going somewhere, too! Traditional classic lines, 2" heels, and maybe some outlandish crazy costume jewelry just for funzies! Just know that I have been wearing the same nice conservative outfits and oversized accessories for years simply because I don't enjoy shopping for myself. If I can't throw it in my grocery cart, it better be something extraordinary and on-sale.

I also like heavy liquid eyeliner on the upper lash-line. A sweet friend of mine one time requested my help with her eye make-up. I didn't mean to blow off her request as I did not believe her to be serious. Eventually, she went to Merle Norman for a make-over. The gracious and elderly woman told her that heavy liquid eyeliner was "out and very dated!" She should know that everything comes back in style if you live long enough! I have graduated to soft kohl liner just for the record! Truth is, I have very sparse eyelashes and the older I get, even my eyebrows seem to be disappearing, too! I have to shade those buggers in with a brow pencil!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sitting a spell! Hope you enjoyed my quirkie yet sometimes serious posts!